Tuesday, August 10, 2010

packing it in

College is coming. Fast. Almost all my clothes are packed, my Wal-mart order has been placed, and there is less than a week until I leave (159 hours, not that I'm counting or anything). I've already said goodbye to a few people, and to be honest I'm getting a little nostalgic. I keep thinking about that scene from Father of the Bride where George Bank's daughter says "I know I can't stay, but I don't want to go." It's weird knowing that some of the people who I depended on to get me through high school won't be a part of my life anymore. Not that I like them any less, but I'll be 2,000 miles away and we're moving on with our lives. It's sad.

I'm going to miss all the bubble tea shops, my favorite froyo place, having a two-story Target, eating Baked & Wired cupcakes, being able to run on the C&O canal, and most of all my friends and my family.

As cool as Texas is, I'm going to miss Maryland.

My dresses & shoes suitcase. Yes, it takes a whole suitcase.


College Countdown: 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment