These look like the perfect weekend treat! Easy and yummy, what more could you ask for?
Chocolate-Covered Peanut-Butter Cups
Yields 12 cups
Yields 12 cups
- 3 cups chocolate*
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
2. Melt 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate in a double boiler. Alternately, you could do this using a microwave, melting the chocolate in short bursts. Remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the stove and turn off the heat.
3. Using the back of a spoon or a pastry brush, paint a layer of melted chocolate onto the bottoms and sides of the paper liners. Don’t skimp on chocolate here; coat the liners generously. Set the bowl aside with any remaining melted chocolate left in it.
4. Put the muffin pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes while you make the peanut-butter filling.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar and salt. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
6. Return the bowl used to melt the chocolate to the top of the double boiler. Turn the heat to medium-high. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of chocolate and melt.
7. Meanwhile, divide peanut-butter mixture into 12 even amounts. (I used a cutting board while doing this to have a surface to rest the mounds on.)
8. Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Put one mound into each paper liner. Tap down each mound with your fingertips to “nest” it into the chocolate bottom.
9. By now, the chocolate added to the double boiler should all be melted. Using a spoon, dollop the top of each peanut butter mixture mound with a generous portion of chocolate.
10. Use the back of a teaspoon to smooth out the tops (alternately, use the spoon to make a swirl atop each cup).
11. Place the muffin pan in the refrigerator. Within one hour, your cups should be set, depending how cold your fridge runs.
12. Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Consume with gusto, or exercise extreme restraint and gift to others!